MIRAI Programme 2021
The title of the programme, “MIRAI,” means “future” in Japanese and is also an acronym based on the first letters of the following keywords, as indicated: Mutual understanding, Intellectual Relations and Academic exchange Initiative.
This programme is intended to offer an opportunity to (i) promote mutual trust and understanding among the people of Japan and Europe to build a basis for future friendship and cooperation, (ii) promote a global understanding of Japan’s economy, society, history, diverse culture, politics and foreign policy, and (iii) disseminate information on Japan’s attracttions through communication tools including social media. Accordingly, the scheme should help to set in place a solid foundation for the relationship between Japan and these regions in the future.
The current programme outline can be found here.
Requirements for candidates from the TAJIKISTAN
- understand the aims of this programme and commit to sharing and disseminating their experiences and the attraction of Japan through communication devices including Social Media and/or their writing for publication after returning to their countries
- not have experience of residing in Japan for more than six months (candidates who have never been to Japan will have an advantage)
- not have been accepted Japanese government sponsored scholastic exchange programmes before, including the MIRAI programme and/or other similar programmes
- answer the questionnaires which will be conducted at the end of the program and three months later
- be in good health
- be enrolled at universities/graduate schools located in the Tajikistan.
- be over 20 years old at the time of the visit
- have a satisfactory command of the English language in order to discuss relevant topics with fellow participants at the ministries and universities
There is a selection process overseen by the Japanese Embassy. Applicants are not guaranteed a place on the programme. Applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Candidates must fill out the online application form and submit.
Note: The Embassy is unable to seek permission from your university for you to miss lectures that you would be expected to attend during the visit. If necessary, please discuss the matter with your university before applying. We look forward to receiving the applications of those students interested in this programme.